Rebozo Connection: The Gena Kirby Method
By Debbie Kacic, LMT; RM; CD(DONA)
What is a Rebozo? The word Rebozo means shawl in Spanish. This traditional hand-woven cloth can be used for many things; a cool-weather wrap, knapsack, sash, baby carrier and as a birthing tool.
They vary in length from about 30 inches wide, varying in length from about 80 to 110 inches.
How is it used as a birthing tool? The Rebozo has been used for centuries by midwives to help women in labor to offers support, pain relief and acts like an extension of the labor partner’s arms. It allows
the partner to help support the laboring mother’s weight so she doesn’t have to. It can also help to ensure that mom and baby are in the right position.
Doulas love the Rebozo because it is the only tool in their birth bag that creates an event. It brings intimacy, fun, strength, and inspiration to the birth experience.
In this 4 – 6 hour workshop we will explore:
- The history of the Rebozo
- Instruction on how to use the Rebozo with your clients
- Practice time with class peers on use of the Rebozo
- Communicating more effectively with the birth partner
- The Holistic Stages of Labor
- A Rebozo Certified™ logo for your website and promotional material
- Invitation to join Gena Kirby’s Rebozo Facebook Group
- Six Hours of Continuing Education Credit from ICEA
- Wear comfortable clothing as we will be moving a lot.
- Bring a yoga mat or a blanket to aid in your comfort. We will be all on the floor together.
- Bring your Rebozo so you can see how to use the one you have. If you need to purchase one, please pre-purchase for delivery on the day of class.
- I will offer a refund if you are called away to a birth. Refunds take 1-3 weeks.
- We may be taking a 30 minute break to grab lunch and eat as we learn. Bring snacks and drinks!
- If you take pictures and use them on FB please be sure friend and then TAG Deb Kacic when you do.
- Please refrain from posting videos.
This workshop is NOT about just teaching techniques. This class is about sharing knowledge on how to use this ancient technology to provide strength comfort and relaxation to the laboring woman and her partner. This class is not about turning babies. Mothers’ bodies and their babies KNOW how to be born. When they are made to feel relaxed and safe this primal knowledge comes easily. The Rebozo is there to provide the safety and support necessary to allow for this innate knowledge to reveal itself. Our students don’t teach how to move a baby. Rather we share how to get mom relaxed enough to allow for the babe in Delta to find his or her own way in their own time.
Saturday, April 4th
|1PM – 5PM|
|6506 U.S. 36|
PURCHASE YOUR REBOZO TODAY!